ALEXEY TIMBUL BULOKHOV
firstname.lastname@example.org // @alexeytimbul // PostParis.com // Valencia, Spain
With professional experience spanning 15 years and three continents, Alexey Timbul is a writer, copyeditor, curriculum developer and instructor at the International Fashion Academy in Paris, France and Academy of Arts University in San Francisco, USA. He has covered cultural events in France, Nepal, Norway, Romania, Ukraine, and Georgia for various media, including Forbes. Timbul has extensive insight into social justice organizing with notable activist projects in the United States, Italy, the Netherlands and Kyrgyzstan. He is a Gemini with a master’s degree in corporate communications.
2006 MS in Corporate Media Communications, College of New Rochelle, New York
2003 BA in Theater and Film Studies, St. Lawrence University, New York
International Fashion Academy, Paris, France (September 2017 – Present)
- Course development & teaching on cultural competencies for future fashion professionals
1) Fashion PR: Changing Messaging in a Changing World (21 hours)
2) Intercultural Fashion Advocacy: Appreciation, Diplomacy, Justice (18 hours)
- Thesis Mentor, MBA Global Fashion Media: mentoring capstone projects
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, USA (January 2016 – Present)
- Curriculum Developer: authored two semester-long courses on fashion iconography (Style Icons) and history of fashion criticism (Translating Fashion) with focus on contemporary industry concerns
- BFA & MFA Online Instructor: Style Icons, Translating Fashion: Fashion Criticism as well as Blogging: Content Creation & Promotion and Social Media Content Development; 600+ students over the course of 15 academic terms, including ESL students from China, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, etc.
- Tutor/Editor: fashion journalism writing tutor and content/copy editor for FashionSchoolDaily.com
DEPESHA.COM, New York, NY: 2011-2013 (closed in 2020)
- Editor-at-Large: content curation for electronic/print editions, onsite fashion weeks coverage of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Moscow, Aurora Fashion Week St. Petersburg, Belarus Fashion Week in Minsk and industry events development
SOULFORCE, Minneapolis, MN: human rights organization with LGBTQ+ focus (2006-2009)
- Director of International Outreach: campaigns featured in two award-winning documentaries: Equality U (LOGO) and Ask Not (PBS); development & facilitation of 100+ workshops, trainings, and multi-agent initiatives presented at the following conferences: World AIDS 2010 (Vienna, Austria), ILGA-Europe (Malta), Persons & Sexualities (Salzburg, Austria), Creating Change (Detroit and Denver), Gender Odyssey (Seattle), Alphabet Soup (Urbana-Champaign), National Immigrant Justice Center (Chicago) and elsewhere.
Custom Family Productions, New York, NY (2003-2005)
Production Assistant to co-founder Larry McCrudden: on-set experience with photographers Steven Klein, Norman Jean Roy and others for L’Uomo Vogue, American Vogue, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone content as well as advertising campaigns for Lanvin, Dolce & Gabbana and Adidas among others.
In addition to the body of work on PostParis.com, Timbul has contributed onsite research and interviews for FORBES.COM stories on the positioning of fashion, luxury, and contemporary art industries as tools of effective social justice organizing and nation building, including the following co-written or guest columnist articles:
“Full Stream Ahead: How the Arts Industry in Europe is Coping with 2021” February 8, 2021
“First Virtual Reality Prize Is Perfect for 2020” November 27, 2020
“Honest, Pure, Raw: Nordic Biennale Celebrates 10th Edition” June 23, 2019
“Digital Citizenship: Strasbourg Biennale Artists Ask Most Pressing Questions” January 19, 2019
“Fashioning Africa: How Luxury Industry Drives Change” February 15, 2018
“Paris Is Rising: The Fashion Week Special Report (Part I)” November 20, 2017
“Paris Is Rising: The Fashion Week Special Report (Part II)” November 21, 2017
“The Art of (Re)Building from Scratch: Kathmandu Triennale” May 26, 2017
“Ukraine’s Fashionable Nation Branding” February 27, 2017
“Georgia: Fashion Beyond Vetements” November 16, 2016